Courtesy is the hallmark of the Passenger handling department.
From the point of contact at the check in counter to the disembarkation point or vice versa; the passenger with his or her luggage is given all the required attention by our well-trained and often re-trained staff.
With the automated Departure Control System (DCS)at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos, and some others where we operate documentation processes such as ticket and passport control, tagging and boarding pass issuance, the installation of the Integrated Multi-User System Environment, has further boosted service excellence in passenger handling.
To further enhance efficiency, staff are dedicated to airlines. The objective is to get such staff attuned to the airline’s standards and requirements.
Our passenger service operatives are all trained in IATA requirements on general security, handling of dangerous goods, cargo, and customer service operations, such as:
- Meet and Assist unit (dedicated to providing support to passenger with reduced mobility)
- Baggage unit (dedicated to handling bags/luggage)
- Checking/Boarding unit (dedicated to flight editing, creation, and boarding).
- Management of airline operating systems,
- Comprehensive physical operations,
- Smooth coordination of aircraft and cargo.
- Full transparency, report-ready and track-able systems.
Effective baggage handling and reconciliation systems are in place to monitor and track baggage movement in the event of misplacement or loss. It is the responsibility of the passenger services department to ensure that passengers get their baggage on time.