Our ground breaking and leadership position in the nation aviation ground handling business has been unparalleled as the Company has continually shown the way in this critical service sector through its many first achievements, such as:
- First Nigerian ground handling company to enter a strategic global alliance through its membership of aviance, an alliance of 10 reputable airport service providers operating from 112 airport in 17 countries;
- The first ground handling company in West Africa to join The International Air Cargo Association (TIACA) for the operation of air cargo industry and world trade;
- The first ground handling company in West Africa to receive ISAGO certification, the aviation industry’s highest safety honours, that is the IATA safety Audit for Ground Operations;
- The first ground handling company in Nigeria and indeed the whole of West Africa to attain the EU Regulated Agent Third Country (RA3) certification; and
- A two-time winner of the prestigious Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Presidential Merit Award for the Aviation Sector. The very rigorous processes leading to these various certifications and re-certifications of the Company business have set it up as the benchmark for local aviation service quality.
Our long list of awards includes, but not limited to: NIGAV Awards, 2021, 2019, and 2018 for Best Airport Ground Handling Company; the Most Resilient Aviation Company, 2021 Air Transport Award; African Corporate Leadership Excellence Prize, 2018; and the International Trophy for Quality, 2018 awarded by Global Trade Club, Madrid, Spain.
Other awards are the Most Innovative Ground Handling Company of the year, 2018 by Association of Foreign Airlines Representatives in Nigeria (AFARN), the Aviation Handling Company of the Year, 2017, awarded by Nigeria Transport Awards; The Best Air Cargo Handling Company, 2017 awarded by Sub- Saharan Enterprise, the Global Risk Award 2016 in UK where we won the Excellence in the Face of Adversity Award
Our business growth strategy led to the establishment of three subsidiary businesses:
1. NAHCO Free Trade Zone Limited (NFZ), with a license issued by the Federal Government of Nigeria to drive the free trade zone initiative of the government at the airports. NFZ is the first airport-based free trade zone in the country;
2. Mainland Cargo Options Limited (MCO), a subsidiary company established towards meeting the objective of harnessing the opportunities of the Air, Land & Sea logistics; and
3. Nahco Energy Power and Infrastructure Limited (EPI), established to tap into the opportunities in the power sector.
The Company which is the first publicly -listed ground handling company on the floor of the Nigeria Stock Exchange has a history of regular dividends payments to its valued shareholders.
NAHCO Plc has more than 1,900 staff in its employment. Our staff members are well trained to provide excellent services to our numerous clients in aircraft and cargo handling, passenger services and indeed, in all services provided by the company within the aviation industry.
Our Board is made up of high-profile Nigerians that have distinguished themselves and made positive marks in their various fields of endeavors. These distinguished Nigerians are led by Dr. Seinde Oladapo Fadeni, (Chairman); Engr. Mohammed Gambo, (Vice Chairman); Mr. Indranil Gupta (GMD/CEO) and Prince. Saheed Lasisi (Executive Director). Others are Mr. Akinwumi Godson Fanimokun, Sir Sunday Nwosu, Mr. Salman Taofeek Oluwatoyin and Mr. Tajudeen Shobayo. Also on the Board are Engr. Solagbade Alabi and Mrs. Abimbola Adunola Adebakin.
- Land transport
- Sea freight
- Air fright
- Logistic solutions
- Industry solutions
- Custom solutions