Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Internal Auditor.
Qualification and Experience
- A degree from a recognized University preferably in Finance, Accounting or related fields.
- Professional Accounting qualification is mandatory e.g ACA, ACCA.
- At least three years’ experience in internal audit function in a well-structured organization.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- Previous Audit firm experience is a clear advantage.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Sound independent judgment.
- Strong quantitative, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Implements internal audit plans and programs.
- Ensures the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and makes
recommendations to strengthen controls.
- Sighting of Local Purchase Orders (LPOs) for goods delivered to Store.
- Assists in annual stock count processes.
- Cross-checking the validity of pre-cheque Payment Vouchers.
- Monthly payroll verification.
- Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Verifies assets and liabilities by comparing items to documentation.
- Communicates audit findings by preparing a final report and follow up on the findings to ensure corrective action(s) are taken.
- Completes audit work papers by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Maintains internal control systems by updating audit programs and recommending new policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Method of Application
All interested candidates that fit the above criteria are advised to forward their curriculum vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate “Application for Audit Officer as subject title. Application closes 11th February, 2020.